Initially launched in 1995 as a small project managed by volunteers, the Foundation has since grown into an innovative and thriving organization that supports teachers, schools and community organizations. For the first ten years, the Foundation focused on making small grants to teachers. Motivated to have a greater impact on students success, community and school leaders joined together to revitalize the Foundation’s direction in 2006.
Since 2006, the Foundation has developed three program areas: Tutoring Partnership, Grant Making and Community Schools. Each area has grown exponentially to have a greater impact on student success:
- Tutoring Partnership – Supporting high-quality tutoring for 6,500 students.
- Grant Making – Providing $475,000 in grants to innovative projects in schools and community organizations.
- Alumni & Friends - Engaging alumni and friends of the Saint Paul Public Schools through our membership association.
The Foundation supports student success by focusing on its four founding commitments:
- To champion support for public education.
- To facilitate partnerships with the community.
- To fund innovative projects.
- To celebrate the success of students, schools, and the school district.
The Foundation consists of an active board of directors, committed staff and a talented group of national service members that drive its work. Partnerships are at the center of our work. Together with our partners, we are able to make a collective impact on student success in Saint Paul.