The Tutoring Partnership is a citywide network of tutoring programs that provide students with academic support during and after school. We support programs in the Tutoring Partnership by helping them achieve program quality goals.
- Our work is grounded in research and centered around best practices for tutoring programs
- We provide each Tutoring Partner with monthly professional development workshops for their staff, tutor recruitment support and training, tailored technical assistance and evaluation tools.
- We recruit, train and match community volunteers with tutoring partners throughout St. Paul and Minneapolis.
- In 2013-2014 our 19 Tutoring Partners had 900 tutors working with more than 6,700 kids.
- Students in grades K-5 receiving literacy tutoring made 10-30 percent greater growth in reading compared to similar students not tutored.
- Students in grades 6-8 receiving math tutoring were 16 percent more likely to reach math proficiency.
- Research shows that proficiency in reading by third grade and algebra by eighth grade is an indicator of long-term student success.
- Standardized test results at Saint Paul Public Schools continue to show a gap that falls along racial and socioeconomic lines.