The Tutoring Partnership is a citywide network of tutoring programs that provide students with academic support during and after school. We support programs in the Tutoring Partnership by helping them achieve program quality goals.
- Our work is grounded in research and centered around best practices for tutoring programs
- We provide each Tutoring Partner with monthly professional development workshops for their staff, tutor recruitment support and training, tailored technical assistance and evaluation tools.
- We recruit, train and match community volunteers with tutoring partners throughout St. Paul and Minneapolis.
- In 2013-2014 our 19 Tutoring Partners had 900 tutors working with more than 6,700 kids.
- Students in grades K-5 receiving literacy tutoring made 10-30 percent greater growth in reading compared to similar students not tutored.
- Students in grades 6-8 receiving math tutoring were 16 percent more likely to reach math proficiency.
- Research shows that proficiency in reading by third grade and algebra by eighth grade is an indicator of long-term student success.
- Standardized test results at Saint Paul Public Schools continue to show a gap that falls along racial and socioeconomic lines.
This material is based upon work supported by the Corporation for National and Community Service, Generation Next and Greater Twin Cities United Way through the Social Innovation Fund. Opinions or points of view expressed in this document are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of, or a position that is endorsed by, the Corporation, Generation Next, United Way or the Social Innovation Fund Program.