The Tutoring Partnership is a citywide network of tutoring programs that provide students with academic support during and after school.
We support programs in the Tutoring Partnership by helping them achieve program quality goals. We provide each Tutoring Partner with monthly professional development workshops for their staff, tutor recruitment support and training, tailored technical assistance and evaluation tools.
Watch a video about the Tutoring Partnership featuring several of our Tutoring Partners.
Our work is grounded in research and centered around best practices for tutoring programs.
- In 2012-2013 our 18 Tutoring Partners had 1,500 tutors working with more than 6,500 kids.
- Students in grades K-5 receiving literacy tutoring made 10-30 percent greater growth in reading compared to similar students not tutored.
- Students in grades 6-8 receiving math tutoring were 16 percent more likely to reach math proficiency.
- Learn more about the impact of tutoring on student achievement.
Why It Matters:
- Research shows that proficiency in reading by third grade and algebra by eighth grade is an indicator of long-term student success.
- Standardized test results at Saint Paul Public Schools continue to show a gap that falls along racial and socioeconomic lines.
- Learn more about why this work matters.
Interested in volunteering?