Important note on the transition of the SPPS Foundation: http://sppsfoundation.org/
We're partnering with Generation Next to mobilize high-quality tutors to support students across Saint Paul and Minneapolis!
Volunteer tutors are a critical part of a community movement to support the success of all students and eliminate disparities in education. Many programs in the Tutoring Partnership rely on the commitment of high-quality volunteer tutors to help young people build the academic and social-emotional skills need to thrive in school and life. Our results show that 3rd graders tutored through the Tutoring Partnership made significantly greater gains than those who were not tutored. We are thrilled to announce that starting this fall, the Tutoring Partnership will begin recruiting volunteers for opportunities in both Saint Paul and Minneapolis, thanks to a partnership with Generation Next. Join the movement and become a tutor today!
- Committed to helping students succeed.
- Available for a minimum of 1 hour per week for at least 6 months.
- Eager to support students in math, reading, and/or writing.
- Committed to becoming a quality tutor by attending at least two tutor trainings
How We Support Tutors
- Match you with a quality tutoring program that meets your schedule and location preferences.
- Provide access to an array of free tutor trainings.
- Lift up the role of tutors in our community.
- Advocate for the integration of high-quality tutors in academic skill-building programs across the Twin Cities.
"Being a Literacy Tutor is the most important job I’ve ever had!!"
-Tutor with Volunteers of America
"The staff at the program are always there to answer questions, offer help and steer me in the right direction, making tutoring a very rewarding experience. I hope to continue on with it next year!"
- Tutor at East Side Learning Center
"Faced with the eternal issues upon retirement: how should I occupy my time; how do I remain relevant; should I go back to college; how do I want to serve others, etc. led me to this fantastic opportunity. Every day in this kindergarten class with this gifted teacher we confront the challenges of life – how to get along with others, how to become great learners and how to show we are beautiful on the outside and the inside. That is why I am here, and I think this is the most enjoyable chapter of my life."
- Tutor with Volunteers of America
“We are having a ton of fun reading The Twits by Roald Dahl - I think it is helping prove that reading can be fun.”
- Tutor at the Saint Paul Public Library
We can match you with a tutoring program that aligns with your preferences and schedule. The first step is to fill out the volunteer tutor application. If you have questions about the process, please contact Paige Jaworski.
Interested in learning about our tutoring opportunities? Click the links below to read more.