Tutoring in the Schools
Believe*Achieve, the Foundation's school-based tutoring program, allows volunteer tutors to join the effort to eliminate the achievement gap in Saint Paul by giving one hour a week as a tutor in a school. All tutoring programs are coordinated by national service members sponsored through the Foundation. Learn more about our National Service program. Our Tutoring Coordinators are passionate about education and are trained in how to effectively build the capacity of volunteer tutors to best serve the students they work with.
When you volunteer as a tutor, the Believe*Achieve coordinator will support you by:
- Providing initial orientation and training.
- Facilitating access to supplemental tutor training.
- Matching you with a student or a small group of students.
- Monitoring the sessions and providing additional support when needed.
- Providing communication between you and the school/teacher.
- Coordinating your schedule with the classroom schedules to determine the best placement.
- Ensuring implementation of best practice tutoring.
Volunteer for Believe*Achieve
Believe*Achieve School Sites:
- Battle Creek Middle School
- Cherokee Heights Elementary School
- Crossroads Science Elementary School
- Eastern Heights Elementary School
- Farnsworth Aerospace PreK-8
- Highland Park Middle School
- Horace Mann School
- Humboldt Secondary School
- Murray Junior High School
- Ramsey Junior High School
- Riverview Elementary School
- Saint Anthony Park Elementary
- Washington Technology Magnet