Why Tutors Matter
Volunteer tutors are the backbone of our Tutoring Partnership. We rely on the commitment of quality volunteer tutors to support students in Saint Paul. Half of the 38,000 Saint Paul Public Schools students are not proficient in math and reading. Tutoring is one of the ways that our community can help students reach their potential. Student achievement results show that tutoring works! Our results show that 3rd graders tutored through the Tutoring Partnership made significantly greater gains than those who were not tutored.
Ready To Become a Tutor?
- Fill out an application.
- Learn about our tutoring opportunities.
- Learn about how you can form a tutor team with a group of friends or colleagues.
- Interested in helping students succeed.
- Available for a minimum of 1 hour per week.
- 16 years or older.
- Eager to support students in math, reading, and/or writing.
- Committed to becoming a quality tutor by attending tutor training.
How We Support Tutors
- Match you with a quality tutoring program.
- Provide access to high-quality training.
- Offer relevant curriculum, activities and materials.
- Connect you with licensed teachers and professional staff.
“We are having a ton of fun reading The Twits by Roald Dahl - I think it is helping prove that reading can be fun.”
—Read to Achieve Tutor at the Saint Paul Public Library
We can match you with a tutoring program that aligns with your preferences and schedule. Use the map or list below to find and learn about our tutoring locations across Saint Paul. Once you find a few sites of interest, fill out the volunteer tutor application with your preferences. If you have questions about the process, please contact Maggie Jacoby.